Ethnography 2008 - call for papers
from 08:30 AM to 11:30 PM
Call for Papers:
Theoretically informed and empirically based papers, as well as work-in-progress papers from new and young emerging scholars, in any of the following areas will be considered:
- Public and private sector work organization and work restructuring.
- New organizational forms and changing forms of employment.
- Organizational, professional, group, community and social class cultures and sub-cultures.
- Management-labour relations and trade union practices.
- Accounting, auditing and governance.
- Services-marketing and consumer behaviour.
- Healthcare, education, local government and social and public policy.
- Ethnographies of conflict, deviance, resistance and misbehaviour (including researcher misbehaviour).
- Business ethics/ unethical business and management and employee practices.
- The role of ethnography in new times.
- The prospects for shop-floor ethnography in an era characterised by the break-up of tradition forms of shop-floor and trade union organisation.
- The contribution of virtual or new media mediated ethnographies.
- The relationship between ethnography and art.
- Ethnographies of consumption and community.
- Problematising methods of teaching and conducting ethnography.
- Ethnography as emotional labour: dealing with fear, anxiety and stress in the field.
Abstracts (up to 750-words, excluding contact details and references) should be submitted to the symposium organizers at the following email address by Friday 11th of January 2008: firstname.lastname@example.org