LCD PGConf 2007: Changes and Challenges for Contemporary Organisations
LCD Post-graduate conference 2007. The conference is the first of three annual post-graduate forums organised between; the Department of Organisation, Work and Technology at Lancaster University Management School; the Operations, Information & Technology Subject Group at the Judge Business School, Cambride; and the Centre for Innovation, Technology & Organisation at the School of Business, UCD. The conference provides an opportunity for post-graduates and recent post-doctoral students to share their thinking and research findings providing a forum for discussion, collaboration and intellectual exchange for all those interested in any of the following fields of research or practice. In addition to paper presentations, the conference will incorporate practical and instructive workshops for attendees. The theme of this conference is broad in order to encourage contributions from a wide range of fields, yet it also lends itself to a common set of concerns regarding the changes and challenges facing contemporary organisations and those studying and researching them. Topics of interest may include:
• What are the contemporary and future challenges facing organisations and the field of organisational studies?
• What changes have already taken place and how have these affected organisations and employees?
• How does the dynamic nature and adoption of technologies affect the workplace and work practices?
• Against what context do such organisational changes and challenges occur?
• What methodologies inspire research into these areas?
Sep 21, 2007 08:30 AM
Sep 22, 2007 05:30 PM
Lancaster University Management School
More information about this event…