Students and the supervisory team are committed to the following rules/guidelines:
- Research work will result in industry reports prepared by each team. Exceptionally good reports will be considered for publication in a book format. Reports will be written in German; however, if a book is to be produced it might be produced in English.
- Reports will be made publicly available. Information collected from interviewees will be anonymized if required (non-disclosure agreements will be signed if required). This process will be managed by my own institute which will also be responsible for dealing with any ethical issue that might come up during this process.
- The research uses desktop data collection and interviews. Interviews will be semi-structured; interview guides will be made available to interviewees if required.
- The group will stay in Ireland/Dublin from Jan. 10-16, 2005. It is anticipated that interviews will be scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday while Thursday and Friday shall be reserved for panel meetings with industry experts and UCD students. A meeting room accommodating industry experts and students will be required. Saturday can be used for social activities. These sessions could be jointly hosted.
- No immediate feedback can be offered to interviewees since reports will initially be written in German. However, in case an English version is available, it will be given back to interview partners. We do not currently have a reference copy of the type of industry report to be expected from this research.
The following industries have been selected for study in this workshop:
- Software (to be further specified)
- Banking (to be further specified)
- Airline catering
- Pharmaceutical distribution